Chapel is 7 kms west of Brisbane CBD which backs onto Mount Coot-tha. Chapel Hill is an affluent suburb and full of native and old eucalyptus trees. There are no shopping centres in Chapel Hill, however Kenmore and Indooroopilly are within close proximity – only 5 minutes away. There are a few bike tracks and hiking pathways, otherwise nothing much apart from the scenic beauty of the hill overlooking Brisbane CBD and Mount Coot-tha.
Monday to Friday : 6 o clock to midnight
Saturday : 12 o clock to midnight
Sunday : 24 hours
Public holidays : 24 hours
What 247 after-hours home doctors treat and how to book for a consultation
247 after-hours doctors can treat any non-life threatening case.
Emergencies should go directly to the Emergency department or call 000.
All bookings are 100% bulk billed. International students with private health cover are also covered
247 after-hours doctors are all fully registered with AHPRA. Patients need to ensure they have valid Medicare cards. We accept Medicare, DVA and OHSHC cards and cash payments for those who do not have Medicare or private cover.
How to book:
- Book using our 247 App on your smartphone
- Go to the website – click 247doctor.com.au
- Click on the “Book Online“tab and complete the booking by following the prompts
- Phone 1800 247 477
- Booking is completed by patient / caller and screened
- The call taker receiving this information will inform you if the call is an emergency and notify you immediately what cation to take – to call 000
- A non-emergency booking will be seen by one of our dedicated after-hours doctors
- The after-hours doctors will send an sms to the patient notifying of their estimated time of arrival (ETA) and that that he/she is on the way.
- The 247-after-hours doctor arrives at the patient’s home- treats as per protocol.
- Patients signs the necessary documentation and the doctor leaves.
- Patients information is documented are stored within the app for record purposes and patient confidentiality.
You could expect delays but whatever it is, you will be notified accordingly. If for any reason you are unable to wait or the condition of the patient changes, please notify the call centre staff and call 000 or have the patient taken to the emergency department for treatment.
What can our after-hours doctors attend to
- 247 doctors will only attend to non-emergency cases. Anything that is life threatening should be taken to the emergency department or to call 000.
Some examples of emergencies are: Asthma, breathing difficulties, chest pain, stroke, fitting, broken limbs, overdose and temperature of 38 degrees and above.) These are just a few!!
- All bookings are screened and triaged. You will be notified immediately if there is any concern in relation to your booking.
- Quality assurance is what makes 247 doctors stand out above the rest. We take pride in our work and put you the patient first.
How to book your appointment with 247 doctors to get a doctor to your door
You can book by
- Downloading the 247 Mobile App
- Going onto the 247-doctor website: 247doctor.com.au
- Calling the Toll-free number: 1800 247 477
- Direct line: 07 3123 4818
- Bookings can be made using any of the above
- Booking received, a call taker screens it
- Only non-emergency calls will be seen by one of our 247-after-hours team of dedicated doctors
- Life threatening calls – callers will be notified to call 000 or take the patient to an emergency department. This is done in the best interest of the patient.
Booking a 247 after – hours service doctor at Chapel Hill
We are a deputizing after-hours service provider that caters for all non-emergency after-hours callouts. 247 After-hours doctors provide quality care to you in the comfort of your home.
We strive to provide an efficient and professional service to meet the demands of the many patients we see on a daily basis. We are 100% bulk billed meaning no expense to you at all.
Your consultation will be totally free provided you have a valid Medicare, DVA or International Student private health cover. We see patients in hotels, motels, caravan parks, Aged Care facilities, those working night shift and even if are at a boatyard and access is accessible – we will come to you. All notes will be sent to your regular GP so that he/she is kept updated on your health record.
Thinking of joining the Chapel Hill 247 doctor team?
247 after-hours doctor service is an accredited deputizing after-hours service. Our motto is “ do the best for the bestWhy not give this a crack? It’s exciting and more so, exploring the beauty of beautiful Chapel Hill while at the same time being paid for it.
The population around Chapel Hills is mainly people in their late 40’s therefore having you to attend to thehir health needs after hours would be absolutely amazing and well appreciated by most.
There are full and part time shifts available.
Contact us by clicking on this link
St Johns Residential Aged care https://www.agedcareguide.com.au/anglicare-sq-st-johns-home-for-aged-men
Toowong Private Hospital http://toowongprivatehospital.com.au/
Brisbane Boys College http://www.bbc.qld.edu.au/contact-pages/main-office
The Wesley Maternity http://wesley.com.au/services/clinical-services/wesley-maternity-unit
Terry White Chemist Toowong http://www.toowongvillage.com.au/store/terry-white-chemists/?location=G50
Toowong Discount Drug Store http://www.discountdrugstores.com.au/toowong