247 Doctor service in bethania
What are the reasons to use 247 Doctor House Call Service ?
- Bulk billing on every weeknight and weekend.
- Free basic starter medications and dressings
- Quick and easy appointment booking
- To use the service as often as medically required.
- Require a guaranteed bulk billed after hours qualified doctor home visit, when there is no regular doctor.
- Avoid waiting in Emergency rooms for long hours and visit a doctor in the comfort of your own home.
- Suffer from a chronic condition or need regular visits especially in the evenings and on weekends
- You cannot find a chemist overnight or on weekends to get basic medications.
How long will I wait to see a doctor ?
Our focus is to provide you with the timeliest medical care, so you call will be prioritised. Our operators will stay in touch, and contact you when a doctor is on the way, so please stay close to your phone.
You are able to contact us at any time, as we are here to help.
What conditions can you treat ?
The doctors are fully equipped to diagnose and treat any urgent problems, conditions and/or injuries for which you would find necessary to be done. We can also arrange hospital admission, provide wound care, can suture lacerations, palliative care, catheterization, incident reports, peg tube maintenance and start medications if required.
You should call us during the operational hours when you ?
- Need acute care and you want to avoid the emergency rooms
- Can’t get out of the house, or feel too sick to drive, or
- Have a referral to this service from your GP for planned or routine healthcare visits.
- The doctors may refer patients to hospital if any further investigation or management is required.
What are the qualifications and experience of the home visiting doctors ?
The home visiting doctors are fully qualified and often have a few years of emergency experience. They are also registered the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, as required by the Medical Board of Australia and have full Medical Insurance. They are the same doctors you would see at a hospital or in a local general practice.
Our medical Practice is accredited through AGPAL and approved by the Department of Health.
Can I still see my regular doctor ?
While our doctors do not replace your regular doctor, they do work closely with your GP and hospitals in managing your health conditions. Your regular doctor will generally receive a report of your consultation the next day for their review and follow up, if they are a subscribing Practice to our service.
When can I request a home visiting doctor ?
Weekdays from 4.00pm to 8.00am the next day (evenings and overnight)
Weekends from 10.00am Saturdays until 8.00am Monday morning
Public Holidays- 24 hours
What if it is an emergency and I can't wait ?
Call 000 immediately for an ambulance
What is the cost ? Do I need to pay anything ?
- 247 Doctor Service is a 100% bulk billed home doctor service.
- You will not pay anything if you are:
- Registered with Medicare
- Registered with Veterans Affairs
- A Pension Card holder
- A healthcare card holder
- A resident of an aged care facility.
How do I book a home visit
- Call 1800 247 477 and our operators will book a house call visit for you.
- Calls are free to our service
- Go to www.247doctor.com.au and click on the book now button
- Download our 247 Doctor App and use the book now button.
247 Doctor Service is one of the most trusted Home Doctor Services in Queensland. We care about your health and will always strive to make sure your medical needs are met in the After Hours Period. Our Home Visiting GP’s will make sure you receive full medical attention in your home as required, as soon as possible.